Monday, September 22, 2008

4 weeks !!! Ayla is smiling...

Well, life as a mother is busy, busy, busy. I was never that on top of updating the blog and now I
am even worse, so be patient ok? Ayla is doing great. She is awake about 8 hours a day and sleeps in 3-4 hour increments at night, YAHOO!

She is starting to smile in response to her mommy and daddy which is one of the most amazing experiences I have ever had. She is growing so fast, changing everyday. Her vision is improving too, she will follow things with her eyes more intently.

Ayla's favorite blanky:
My good friend Sam who currently resides in Oxford with her husband while he gets a doctorate in Celtic studies (I think that is what it is, tell me if I am wrong Sam so I can fix it). Sam and I are kindred spirits, we share an undying love of pop culture and Harry Potter. She affectionately refers to her husband Peter's school "Hogwarts". She is also an amazing artist (drawing, decorating, sewing). She sent Ayla a blanket and below is a picture of Ayla with the blanket. If you look closely you will see Sam included a strip of fabric that has trucks, bulldozers, and other construction equipment. Sam did this for Ayla to remember her Grandpa Darrell. Brett and I had a good cry. We know it is already a favorite of Ayla's because we got our first on camera smile !!! Thanks Sam :)


3 comments:

samandpeteVDP said...

I can't believe I get the honor of being blogged about! I'm so thankful! Also, I'm so glad you guys love the blanket. Pete's degree is in Roman history, but you technically weren't wrong. His LAST masters was in Celtic Studies. How many masters degrees does a guy need you ask? not sure, but here we are!
That first picture of Ayla totally cracked me up when I saw it. She looks like she's thinkin real hard! haha!
As always, lots of love to the whole fam! :) XXX

anne said...

Ah, what a beautiful little smile! I lover the blanket too...that was so sweet of Sam! :)

Unknown said...

I was checking out Sam and Pete's blog when I saw this link. It seems like I came to the right spot because all the old roomies are writing here. What incredible pictures these are. She is beautiful Al. Love you guys!