Saturday, October 25, 2008

Another Ayla milestone

I have finally added myself as an author of this blog. Brett hasn't posted since I was about 20 weeks pregnant and anyone who knows me knows I have been giving him a hard time for getting the credit on the posted by line :) So anyways...
On Monday Ayla will be ten weeks old. Time flies. Everyone with a child tells me "treasure every minute, they grow up so fast". I am starting to realize this as Ayla now intently follows me with her eyes and smiles in response to mine.
She has a little firefly toy that makes noise and lights up when you yank on it. She always just stares at it and smiles, but tonight she reached out for it ! Her motions are becoming so much more calculated. As she looks at the firefly I can see her trying to reach for it. She has also been holding in her binky. The best moment was tonight when I was holding her, we were smiling back and forth and she reached for my chin! Such an amazing mommy experience! This moment alone has made every middle night feed, poopy diaper, and ruined shirt due to spit up worth it :)
Just kidding, I have learned to have perspective on those moments too, because I don't like the negative emotions that tend to arise in me if I dwell on "all the hard work" . This is God working in me and praise Him for giving me the calm and wisdom that I posess when motherhood seems to overwhelm me.
Another milestone is Ayla's first trip to the Tacoma Dome Holiday food and gift extravaganza! Not sure if that is its true title, but either way, most of you know what I am referring to. Thanks to my mom I am a sucker for anything holiday and those endless aisles of booths. We went with my cousin Trena, her two kids Grant and Kyla and my aunt Cindy. Ayla was a trooper sleeping the whole time in her baby bjorn (the best 90 bucks I have ever spent!). Little did she know I came away with a knit hat and new shoes for her...









The outing to Tacoma wasn't that big of a deal, but I am always looking for an excuse to post more pictures :)

5 comments:

anne said...

I'm with you...any excuse it totally worth it! She is so stinkin' cute! I love seeing all of these pictures. Besides, later in life, you'll be glad you posted these.

I love the hat and the shoes...you have such great taste! :)

samandpeteVDP said...

AH! She is so cute.....
I just became aware that I might have started more than one comment with a little scream. I can't help it, she gets me every time!
Anywho, I was pumped reading about the Tacoma Dome trip. Were there lots of intensely decoraterd Christmas trees in the middle? All differently themed? I have been to something like this many moons ago, and remember the overhwhelming awesomeness like it was yesterday! Glad you had a good time. Glad you are loving mommydom, glad you got some super cute accessories for the bean. And can't wait to see you guys around Christmas. I know it's only October, but we should figure out what we want to do. Food should be involved......I'm just sayin.

grandma daryl said...

I appreciate this blog so much! Ayla looks beautiful in her new knitted hat and shoes. She is a model of style and congeniality. It is great that you and Brett take Ayla out so much. That is good for Ayla and you two. Thanks for the wonderful photos.

Misty Carpinito said...

She is so darling! It was so fun to see you two the other day. I love that you are having such incredible mommy moments. I so look forward to those smiles and cheek to cheek moments. Hope to see you all again real soon.

Meliski said...

i know the toy you are talking about! corban has two of them and LOVES them. nathan thinks they look creepy.